Over the last 65 years, Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) has had a significant impact on the automotive industry — specifically, on how cars parts and components are designed and manufactured. LSR parts and LSR multi-shot components are critical for ensuring the comfort and correct functionality of driverless cars. LSR reduces costs, increases performance and helps vehicles meet regulation requirements.
OEM’s and Tier One suppliers can benefit from the addition of LSR parts and LSR Multi-Shot components. LSR materials enhance the overall driving experience, as well as:
- Fuel efficiency
APPLICATIONS FOR LSR INJECTION MOLDING IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
LSR can be incorporated into several components critical for the correct function of a vehicle. Some of the applications include:
- Spark plug boots
- Key fob components
- Two-shot housings with seals
- Sensor covers and plugs
- E-mobility two-shot housings with seals
- Door light switches
- LED lighting seals
- Wiper blades activators
Since self-driving cars will have more electronic components than a conventional automobile, there will be even more opportunities for parts and components made from LSR to be develop and incorporated into those vehicles. LSR components could include proximity and rain sensor mechanisms, seals for headlamps, interior controls, soft-touch consoles and many more.
BENEFITS OF LSR INJECTION MOLDING FOR AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
The benefits of using LSR in automotive manufacturing are tenfold; some of the most significant include:
- Precise design of intricate parts with unique colors
- Broad operating temperature range of -58° F to 392° F
- High tensile and tear strengths
- Low toxicity and smoke density
- Odorless, tasteless, hypoallergenic and hydrophobic qualities
- High biocompatibility, elongation and thermal stability
- UL component recognition
- Elevated ozone, UV, oil and fuel resistance
- Excellent electrical insulation, making it perfect for outdoor environmental sealing applications
Count on SIMTEC Silicone Parts for LSR
As the leader in automotive LSR parts and LSR Multi-Shot Extraordinary LSR Solutions provider, we collaborate with Tier One suppliers to develop and bring to market unique customized solutions for the most challenging applications.
Contact SIMTEC Silicone Parts online today or call us at 954-656-4212 for more information about benefiting from our mastering of LSR and LSR-Multi-Shot technology.