SIMTEC Silicone Parts, LLC is recognized as one of North America’s top solutions provider for Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) and Multi-Shot LSR components. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies that have entrusted us with production of their automotive, life science, industrial, and consumer components.
As we continue our growth, we are looking for passionate, qualified, talent to join our unique, innovative, dynamic, growing company! If you are a dedicated individual looking for an opportunity to begin or advance your career please submit your resume for consideration.
Injection Molding Specialist
Current Openings at SIMTEC Silicone Parts (Miramar, FL)
Injection Molding Specialist
Reports to: Production Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Revised: February 2017
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.
General Description: Responsible for assisting with the operation of injection-molding machines to mold parts and components in compliance with customer specifications. Monitor injection molding machines as well as related equipment and supplies to ensure continued production of quality parts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Start-up and shut-down of Injection Molding Machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Inspection of product manufacturing according to control plan and work instructions.
- Daily preventive maintenance on production equipment (mold, injection molding machine, chiller, plastic pallets dryer, temperature control unit, vacuum pump), etc.
- Verify production process against documented process.
- Keep the assigned injection molding machine clean and organized under the 5S System.
- Report scrap and rejects in the IT system.
- Create product labels in the IT system.
- Assist in Secondary Operations as needed (post-cure, sorting), etc.
- Check and restock the raw material (plastic pallet, master batch, silicone, silicone color, boxes, dividers, and trays), etc.
- Adhere to cleanliness standards and product safety guidelines, including machine cleaning assignments. Maintain a safe work environment by assuring conformance to policies and good practices. Address safety issues immediately – people, equipment and work area.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Work close with the shift supervisor and QA to ensure product quality.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn and adapt.
- Five years’ experience working on injection molding ecosystems
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English language.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic’s, electrical and mechanical operations.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate additional work time as necessary.
- Ability to perform moderate lifting to up 50 pounds and physical tasks associate with heavy equipment, machinery, and production materials including operating forklifts.
- Ability to handle and grip small parts.
- Ability to work in confined area with loud noise, extreme temperatures.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8+ hours)
About SIMTEC Silicone Parts, LLC
SIMTEC is a leading, U.S.-based Extraordinary Solutions provider exclusively focused on the customized, serial production of Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR), LSR over-molded and 2-Shot (LSR/Thermoplastic) solutions, and Multi-Shot (LSR/Thermoplastic and Metal) injection molded components. As a technology driven company, for more than 17 years SIMTEC has been envisioning and manufacturing high precision, tight tolerance solutions for global innovative leaders in the automotive, life science, electronic, infant and personal care industries. SIMTEC Silicone Parts is ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and IATF 16949 certified, as well as cGMP compliant. The company is a proud member of the RICO GROUP.